Harvest Moon Holidays is set on a working arable farm in a beautiful coastal location just 45 minutes from Edinburgh.
Relax and get back to nature
Beach walks, rock pooling, woodland walks, sand dune sledging and sea swimming are just a few of the fun activities you can do on the site. Make new friends around our communal bonfire, the big skies are great for star gazing or cook some fresh local produce on our BBQs.
We have chickens, alpacas, pygmy goats and lambs in the spring on site, so you can collect your eggs in the morning for breakfast. Want to get more involved? No problem, we think it's great to give kids a bit of responsibility to help feed the animals.
The area is also a site of scientific interest meaning there is a huge variety of bird and animal life. Don't be surprised to see deer, wild rabbits, hares running around during the day and you may be called upon to shoo away the badgers or foxes who try to get to the chickens at night. For any bird watchers there is an abundance of wildfowl, from the heron who lives in the burn, to the pheasants you will see running along the road.
The action-packed local area
Whilst there is plenty for the kids to do on site, we also have an abundance of great attractions in the local area:
- Wake-boarding, high-line tree courses and zip lines at Fox Lake Adventures
- Surf school and paddle-board hire at Coast to Coast Surf School
- Bike rental that they will drop off for you at Belhaven Bikes
- Fishing at Markle Fisheries
- Kids country farm park at East Links
- Horse riding at Seacliff Stables
- Coasteering adventures with Ocean Vertical